Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July First

Adam catching for HF
Adam and the pitcher (Ryan) talking strategy.
Adam pitching for Homewood Red Sox
Adam batting for HF.
Adam batting for HF. Lara catching for the Blue Thunder.
Hunter batting for the Homewood Rookie B Cubs.








  • This is a bitter-sweet time of year for us. With fewer than 20 games left we are officially in the wind-down part of the baseball season. The previous three months have been nothing but baseball (with a token soccer game overy now and then). While we are thankful to have some additional down time, we will miss the fun of this season. With all three kids playing on numerous teams, and Phill coaching, we've had more than our fair share of games. As I drove home last night after Lara's team lost it's playoff game, she was so sad that it was her last game to be played at Izaak Walton Ballfields. Even with all the chaos of the season there are a few things I've learned over the seasons.

  • My kids and husband will always be Red Sox fans.

  • I love watching any sport my kids are playing.

  • I am really really sick of eating hot dogs.

  • DuraPlay is virtually impossible to get out of white polyester.

  • Lara can finally stay awake for all of her 8:00 games.

  • Hunter will get bored in the outfield, sometimes even in the infield.

  • All three kids love to play catcher.

  • Adam will always be the dirtiest kid on his team.

  • Someone will always break or injure a body part (Thanks to Adam for taking the burden off of Lara this year)

  • My kids have been blessed with really really great coaches.

  • I will never be able to not yell in games.

  • Phill and I get just as excited as our kids when they do well.

  • I love my camera and take way too many pictures.









1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey! This post wan't here a minute ago when I commented on your first one! Cool! I love the pictures - what a fun, sporty family you have! Fun memories constantly being made - that was fun to read. Oh, and I just watched "Fever Pitch" (because you talked about it so much) for the 59th time and loved it more than the 58th!! :)